Overseas Student Health Cover Australia
Overseas Student Health Cover
Overseas students must maintain adequate health insurance for the duration of their student visa. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is a type of health insurance that you must have if you are an international student coming Australia to study. OSHC assists international students to pay a part or complete cost of hospital and medical expenses if you need to go to a hospital, need an ambulance or buy medicines.
OSHC policies provide you benefits which may cover the cost of:
- Out-of-hospital medical expenses like – GP, Specialists, Pathology, Radiology, etc.
- Accommodation in a public or agreement private hospital
- Day surgery and procedures in a public or agreement private hospital
- Up to 100% of the MBS fee covered for In-hospital doctors and specialists
- Medically necessary ambulance transport
- Out-of-hospital pharmacy costs (up to $50 per prescription with a maximum limit of $300 for singles and $600 for couples/families per year)
OSHC does not pay for general treatment (extras cover) such as dental, opticalor physiotherapy.
© 2019 All Rights Reserved to OSHConnect Pty. Ltd.
ABN: 97 629 521 240