489 Visa Health Insurance
Living in Australia
Australia is one of the world's great economic country and has the world's ninth largest immigrant population with immigrants accounting for 26% of the population. It is a unique, modern and dynamic trading nation of 22 million people with an ancient indigenous history, and a European cultural background. Australian society is very multicultural, young and open-minded. Moving to Australia means running towards opportunities.
If you are coming to Australia to live, work or study, you need to prove the Australian authorities that you are adequately covered by a minimum level of private health insurance. The healthcare system in Australia is exceptional, and it comes as no surprise that the country’s population claims one of the highest life expectancies in the world.
Some interesting facts about Australia:
- Australians invented the ‘selfie’ - a photo of yourself taken using a mobile phone camera
- Over 200 languages and dialects are spoken in Australia
- The world’s oldest fossil (3.4 billion years old) was discovered in Australia
- 91% of Australia is covered in vegetation
- The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest living structure and one of the seven wonders of the underwater world
© 2019 All Rights Reserved to OSHConnect Pty. Ltd.
ABN: 97 629 521 240